From December 2021, the product MICOIL – a natural early harvest oil – is available in selected pharmacies in the country as well as in Yanni’s Olive Grove online store. The company will donate part of its profits to the Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders as well as to local Alzheimer’s associations.
Yanni’s Olive Grove company announcement:
“We announce the end of the first cycle of the MICOIL study, which was the first worldwide clinical laboratory test in patients with Mild Mental Disorder, using excellent quality natural oil derived from unripe green olive juice of our company.
Key contributors to the project were:
- the “Society of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders – AlzheimerHellas” with scientific manager Professor Ms. Μ. Tsolaki, in collaboration with
- the “Department of Biochemistry of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece” headed by professor Ms. A. Pantazaki,
- the “Laboratory of Pharmacognosy and Chemistry of Natural Products of the National Kapodistrian University of Athens” headed by associate professor Mr. P. Mayati,
- the “World Olive Center for Health (WOCH)” headed by Dr. Ε. Melliou, and
- the company «Yanni’s Olive Grove» from Halkidiki.
The philosophy of the study was based on the Mediterranean diet with a primary approach to human health.
We proceeded with particularly innovative actions in collaboration with the scientific community with the sole purpose of offering a non-pharmaceutical and economic approach to patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
According to the scientific manager of the MICOIL research, Neurologist, Psychiatrist, Theologist, former director of the 1st Neurological Clinic of the Medical Department of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the AUTH, President of the “Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders” and Coordinator of the Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Diseases, professor Ms. Magda Tsolaki, who commented that:
“To date, no other study has examined in such detail the effects of extra virgin olive oil in elderly people with Mild Mental Disorder as a promising treatment for cognitive decline.”
The eight (8) published scientific papers of the study prove the benefits of the product in brain function. The results were recently published in prestigious global medical journals, and one of the papers was distinguished at the 5th International Medical Olympiad 2019 with the second prize for innovation.
– The head of the Biochemistry laboratory of the Chemistry Department in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, Prof. Anastasia Pantazaki commented that: “collectively evaluating the studies of consumption of extra virgin olive oil of early harvest (MICOIL) by patients with Mild Mental Disorder (MCI) we conclude its pleiotropic and multifunctional beneficial effect, through its targeting of different mechanisms we approached the multifactorial Alzheimer’s disease .”
The second cycle with an extension to 200 patients of the new MICOIL clinical laboratory trial started in November 2021, and will be completed at the end of 2023. The research team is supported by scientists from the “Hellenic Society of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders”, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), the Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation (KEDEK), and the Laboratory for the Study of Neurodegenerative Diseases.
In December 2021, the new product of the company Yanni’s Olive Grove called MICOIL was presented on the Greek market, which is available exclusively in selected pharmacies throughout Greece, as well as in our company’s online store with a discount coupon only for members of each local Alzheimer’s association in Greece.
In the context of corporate social responsibility, our company allocates a part of the sales profits of each MICOIL product:
to the “Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders”,
and to every local Alzheimer’s association in Greece.
It also financially supports the continuation of Alzheimer’s disease research, at the same time allocating a part of the profits from the global sales of the product to the “Panhellenic Federation of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders”.
The MICOIL clinical laboratory test-study is the most productive work ever done worldwide for the extra virgin olive oil of early harvest (EVOO) and it is an honor for our company but also for all the partners that took part, the fact that it took place in Greece, by Greek scientists and with a Greek product. ”
For the company
Evi Psounou Prodromou